Supporting horses with Spasmodic Colic
Colic symptoms appear suddenly, not gradually and can include:
- Pawing, Rolling, Bloating, Sweating, Distress, Uneasiness
- Loss of interest in food and water
- Peculiar postures, such as sitting or stretching
- Absence of gut sounds
- Decreased faeces production and/or dryness of manure
Some common causes of colic include:
• High grain-based diets/low-forage diets without enough roughage.
• Mouldy or tainted feed or an abrupt change in feed
• Parasite infestation, especially from worms. • Lack of water consumption, which can in turn cause an impaction to occur.
• Sand ingestion and accumulation in the bowel over time
Feed 80ml or as directed by a veterinary surgeon. Can be fed again after 4 hours. In situations of recovery from Colic it is recommended to feed ProbioForte for a period of 1 month to support the recovery of the horse.
Note: Fresh drinking water should always be available